Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The best pro-life poem ever written (by Mary Murphy) Agree?

Just a little baby


So small and petite


Waits with his mom


In the hospital seat.





“Where am I, I wonder


What do I look like?


Will my name be John..


Or will she call me Mike?





I can’t wait to see


what it’s like outside


It’s getting a little crowded,


In this place I ride.





I must be getting heavy,


I bet she cannot wait,


Maybe she’ll have me early


…hopefully I wont be late.





I’m getting so impatient…


I want to see the land,


Oh look here comes the doctor!”


The doctor takes her hand.





“What is he telling her?


I can’t quite make it out,


but mommy’s voice sounds scared,


so full of fear and doubt.


I hope she is okay,


I’ll comfort her before long,


I cant wait to meet her!


Now what could be going wrong?





Here comes all the nurses,


They are lying her in a bed,


I know this isn’t home,


what could the doctor have said?





Are those tears on her face?


I don’t like it here,


My mommy isn’t happy,


And I’m beginning to fear.
The best pro-life poem ever written (by Mary Murphy) Agree?
Ugh this makes me sick. Not for the reasons you want me to either.


In your poem, the baby has no way of seeing the outside world as you mentioned. How does he magically know what%26#039;s going on around him? Babies, even a few months old, do not understand the concept of language or the meaning of tears.


I also don%26#039;t really understand the shift from third to first person in the second stanza.


The baby met the girl about to cure cancer (despite both not knowing what cancer is), but how come she didn%26#039;t tell you about the baby she met who would%26#039;ve been raised in a poor family, likely mistreated and abandoned? What about the baby who would%26#039;ve been the next Hitler? What about the baby who would%26#039;ve have spent a lifetime with Down%26#039;s Syndrome?





To answer the question %26quot;How%26#039;s life without me?%26quot;


Well considering that the woman got an abortion for a reason, her life is probably better.
The best pro-life poem ever written (by Mary Murphy) Agree?
No, I don%26#039;t agree. Only because its very unrealistic and drags on a bit too long. I really don%26#039;t think it will touch too many people - the aborted, the abortees, or the abortionists.





Perhaps try shortening it, make it more true to life (the truth is the only way people are going to hear you).





-hugs,


the friend
Reply:I agree, considering its the only one i%26#039;ve read. But still, I thought it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment